The highlights of this position can be seen on the table to the left.
- 5 Day Weeks – 8:30am to 6:30pm
- 1 in 2 Saturdays – 8:30am to 1pm
- Salary Between £35,000 – £40,000 Depending on experience
- 5 Days CPD Leave
- Certificate Funding Available
- RCVS & VDS Memberships Paid
- Free Uniform & Parking
- Discounted Treatment for Staff Pets
- 20 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays + Birthdays Off
- Death in Service of 2x Annual Salary
- Company Pension
Details of the Role
My client is a brand-new independently owned clinic that is due to be opening within the next 3 months that is looking for Head/Senior Nurse to join their team.
This role will involve both clinical work & the opportunity to get involved with some admin tasks related to running the clinic
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way.
- Provide first-class nursing care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring, health checking, feeding and grooming.
- Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions.
- Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. Blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays.
- Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g. Suturing wounds and dental hygiene.
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Allocating nursing and healthcare resources where needed
- Organizing nurses’ notes regarding patients.
- Providing patient paperwork to doctors
- Coordinating patient payments with payments department or process payments on their own
- Participating in the hiring of new nursing staff and training new hires
- Creating schedules for nursing staff
- Resolving employee conflicts
- Resolving patient issues
- Placing orders for equipment and supplies
There will be questions about this role as we try not to overload the job posting with lots of information. For a private and confidential chat about this role please contact Sam on 01626 249 108 or email [email protected]