“Are You Looking For A Regional Veterinary Director Position Whereby You Oversee the Florida Market? If So, This Could Be Just For You!”
The client is a comprehensive pet care provider offering boarding, day camp, grooming and veterinary services. Their mission is to enhance the quality of life for pets and their customers by providing exceptional pet care and an outstanding customer experience. Located in nine states and nearly forty locations, they continue to expand in the southern region of the United States.
The Regional Veterinary Director is charged with successful implementation of veterinary services within the Florida market. This includes current and future openings of both new facilities and retrofits. The Regional Veterinary Director will ensure all clinics deliver best practices, aligns with the resort and makes decisions based on the company’s core values. Improvement of both the medical quality and business performance of assigned clinics is vital to the role. You will work closely with, and report directly to, the Chief Veterinary Officer, to implement strategies to enhance patient care through their medical offerings. This individual will hire, mentor, engage and develop effective and productive veterinary teams. The Regional Veterinary Director also ensures the regulatory medical compliance of the clinics, while active and productive collaboration between the Veterinary Team and the Resort Team is critical for the success of this position. The role is non-clinical, however the occasional cover shift may be required.
- Ensuring veterinary standards of care and best practices are applied to all clinics.
- Responsibility for ensuring high quality medicine and involved with recruiting, coaching, supervising and retaining veterinarians and working with Regional Veterinary Managers, Lead Veterinarians and Veterinary Managers to ensure an effective and efficient paraprofessional team within the veterinary clinics.
- Managing veterinarians throughout the region in-line with the company core values.
- Ensuring an environment of positive teamwork within the veterinary clinic team and between the veterinary team and other departments within the resort.
- Integral in new clinic openings and onboarding teams ensuring consistency of brand and standards of care.
- Working with finance to ensure budgets are met, COGs and labor are meeting targets, and revenue and profitability continue to trend upward. Ensure teams are aware of how their financial metrics and delivering quality medicine and excellent customer services remains the focus to drive results. Reviewing sales reports with teams weekly and P&L’s and NPS monthly. Continually seeking areas of improvement.
- Collaborating with the other VP of Veterinary Operations, Regional Veterinary Directors and Regional Veterinary Managers to develop and promote a team approach in the clinic setting for problem solving. Conference calls with leadership are weekly.
- Supporting Regional Veterinary Managers with effective paraprofessional scheduling in order to meet the needs of team members, clients and the business.
- Collaborating with all members of the veterinary team to develop, implement, assess, and refine an approach to Doctor-Patient interactions based on positive human-animal relationships.
- Working with the marketing department to promote Veterinary Care services for clients.
- Full time contract
- 3+ years experience in GP medicine as a DVM leading a practice(s)
- Confident in Surgery, Dentistry and general medicine
- Compassionate and and Strong Communicator
- Ability to travel to all clinics within the market
- State license
- Base Salary approx. $130k – $140k (although open to negotiation)
- Signing Bonus negotiable
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, CE PTO, CE allowance, complimentary day-care and boarding)
- Relocation assistance negotiable
Sound Like The Opportunity For You? Lets Get Talking…
Call 872.225.5642 OR email Gerry at [email protected]