This corporately owned, state of the art veterinary hospital based in Northampton are looking for a full-time Pharmacy Manager to join their team.
You do not need to have previously worked in the veterinary industry before, and this hospital are happy to provide training to become and SQP in both Pharmacy Management & Dispensing (BSAVA Course) and as a result will understand a feel comfortable implementing RCVS & VMD standards whilst also leading the medicines department.
You will be working alongside the hospitals experienced clinical team and your daily focus will provide exceptional services to clients and their pets.
The ideal candidate will have great communication & numeracy skills, as well as some previous experience in systems and/ or stock management (pharmacy preferred) and great attention to detail. You also need to also have excellent IT skills to implement a paper free system across the hospital and is comfortable setting up new protocols within the hospital.
You will also need to be a positive and happy member of the team that enjoys and respects both clients and their pets.
Your Typical Day Will Look Like:
- Stock control including stock ordering, arriving stock, stock rotation, managing stock levels, managing expired drugs, stock takes etc.
- Managing stock related records.
- Dispensing repeat prescriptions including processing written prescriptions.
- Dispensing medications for pets during consults, post surgery and for in-patients.
- Advising and demonstrating to clients the safe use of medications
- Dealing with medication queries from clients
- Implementation and use of digital data sheets, digital off licence forms
- Stock ordering – both manual and automatic
- Control of drug stock and protocols, including Schedule 3 drugs
- Repeat prescription ordering via email, apps and WhatsApp
- Liaising with online pharmacies and other practices
- Sourcing human medication, specialist medication and unusual drug requests including chemotherapy drugs
- Working as environmentally friendly as possible- including introducing other green measures where possible
- Always working paper free where possible
In return, this hospital can offer:
- 40 Hour Week
- Salary of £25,000+ Depending on Experience
- 20% Inhouse Discount across the entire corporate group
- Inhouse Career Development Opportunities
- Generous Holliday Allowance
- Company Pension
If you have any questions about this role, and require more information, then please don’t hesitate to reach out. For a private and confidential chat about this role please contact Sam on 01626 249 108 or email [email protected]