Generous Sign-On Bonus Available
Our client in San Diego is looking to add an Emergency Veterinarian to their 24/7 emergency hospital that provides excellent care to southern San Diego. The hospital, located in Chula Vista, provides emergency care 24 hours a day, allowing doctors to both treat outpatients as well as care for hospitalized patients. Their doctors perform emergency surgeries such as gastrotomies, GDVs etc and this is a great opportunity for an ER doctor who wishes to expand or learn this skill. They wish to support their ER doctors and have added a new ultrasound machine and will soon have a vessel sealing device (“Ligasure”) for the OR. The hospital also has a satellite to a sister Multi-Specialty & ER hospital 25 miles away in La Mesa and their specialists are a phone call away to collaborate on cases. They are looking for a talented doctor to join their team, who is passionate about providing incredible service to their devoted client base, and someone who will embody their philosophy of promoting excellence in medicine and service to their clients, referring veterinarians and each other.
Who They Are:
- They are a 24/7 emergency hospital with a team of dedicated, talented, and passionate ER Veterinarians, who offer high quality medicine and service to their clients and their pets.
- They offer a positive, collaborative, and friendly work environment.
- They value colleagues who work well with others and genuinely enjoy interacting with clients and referring veterinarians.
- They have an extensive support network and are excited to help the right individual develop and advance professionally.
Outside of work, there’s so much to do in San Diego and the surrounding areas. The hospital is in a great location close to beaches and downtown, 15-30 minutes from great mountain-hiking, biking and horseback riding, and driving distance to ski resorts. This is the heart of the Southern California lifestyle: no sport, hobby or professional/personal interest is out of reach. They want their team to enjoy life outside of work and San Diego is an amazing place to do that.
The Ideal Emergency Veterinarian:
- Internship trained or 2-3 years of Emergency experience required.
- Ability to perform, or a desire to be trained in standard emergency surgeries required.
- Collaborative approach with staff and doctors.
- Motivated to meet and exceed the established standards of care.
- Concerned that all patients and clients are treated with care and compassion.
- Focused on excellence in service and communication for their referring veterinarians.
- Full-Time (3.5 or 4 days) with a flexible weekend rota offered
- Must be proficient in small animal general practice surgeries and medicine
- Compassionate and and Strong Communicator
- Base salary up to $135,000
- Production bonuses
- Signing Bonus up to $75,000
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Paid Professional Due & licences
- Excellent, uncapped CE Allowance
- Career Progression and development offered
- ‘VIP’ program – Earn up to an additional $225,000 over 5 years
- Additional Perks
Sound Like The Opportunity For You? Lets Get Talking…
Call 872.225.5642 OR email me at [email protected]