The highlights of this position can be seen on the table to the left.
• Permanent contract, full-time or part-time considered – up to 40 hours a week over 4 days
• Salary range: £55,000 – £65,000 for the right candidate, + bonuses for OOH’s callouts
• They actively encourage medical/surgical development for all stages of your career with a generous CPD allowance: £1000, with paid CPD days by arrangement, travel, and accommodation allowance
• £1,720 per annum based on duty workload
• 1 in 4 OOH’s cover rota
• OOH bonuses of £50 per call-out before 10pm and £80 after 10pm
• Typical callouts are 2-4 per duty weekend and usually none per duty weeknight – the rest of the time you are free to go home, sleep, shop, eat and relax
• VDS fees paid
• RCVS renewal fees paid
• One additional professional subscription
• 20-minute consults
About the Practice/Location
This corporately owned first opinion practice is looking for a full or part time Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon to join their team between two branches.
The ideal candidate would be a superb communicator, with a friendly personality who is enthusiastic, positive, and capable with a great sense of humour, as well as a passionate individual, preferably with at least one year’s experience in small animal practice. You should enjoy working in general practice and have an ambition to do the very best possible for our valued patients and clients, you should be competent in routine surgeries, consultations and dealing with common emergencies. A specific interest in Feline Medicine or Behaviour would be welcome as we hope to achieve gold standard ISFM cat-friendly clinic status at our new premises and hospitalisation services.
The role will have you working at both branches, like the rest of the team, with two vets on site 90% of the time. They also have a supportive team and head vet who are always willing to help you out if needed.
They are a RCVS SAGP-accredited small animal practice, they currently have 4 Vets (one of whom is working towards a CertAVP in Internal Medicine), 3 experienced RVNs with competent and understanding support staff including an SVN, ANA, receptionist, and their RVN practice manager supporting them.
A family-feel team with a loyal client base. They support their colleagues and endeavour to provide gold-standard care to patients. They allow clinical freedom to manage and work up your own cases with 20-minute consults as standard and support and training from experienced vets, should the need arise.
They have two well-equipped sites in glorious rural Devon, each with capnography, digital X-ray, colour doppler ultrasound, ECG, full in-house lab, digital tonometry, cloud PMS and auto-stocking.
There will be questions about this role as we try not to overload the job posting with lots of information. For a private and confidential chat about this role please contact Sam on 01626 249 108 or email [email protected]