The highlights of this position can be seen on the table to the left.
- Full Time – 40 hours (approx.) open to working a 4 day week
- No Out of Hours
- No On Call
- Includes Sole Charge Responsibility
Salary and Professional Development Package
- Salary ranging from £45,000 to £60,000 dependant on experience
- Generous CPD allowance of a minimum of £3,000 and funding of certificates
- Paid membership for RCVS, VDS, BVA
- Relocation package offered
- Pension Scheme (3%)
- 5 weeks holiday per annum, increasing to 6 weeks after 1 full years’ service(Jan-Dec) Pro-rata.
- Your birthday off as an additional days holiday (or within a month of that date)
- Enhanced sick pay
- Mental Health First Aiders & Employee assistance help line
- 20-minute appointments
- Regular pay reviews
- Regular career development reviews
- Inhouse & High street discounts.
- Equal Opportunities Employer
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Practice/Location
Our client is looking for two professional Veterinary Surgeons to join their caring and enthusiastic veterinary team in South London. They are a small animal, first opinion practice who is developing their Wimbledon journey and looking for someone to join their growing team.
The practice is based in the leafy suburb of Wimbledon and is close to Garratt Park, with a supermarket near by (so if you forget your lunch, don’t worry).
They have a bright, air-conditioned surgery which is purpose built to industry leading standards, with state-of-the-art equipment including digital X-ray and in-house laboratory facilities.
They have an animal behavioural specialist attend on a frequent basis and see a wide variety of cases, including a higher-than-average number of rabbits and exotics. They take pride in working up cases to an extremely high standard and are supportive of individual interests, so if you have a particular area of interest, this could be the practice for you!
You will be experienced and confident with all routine surgical and medical cases. Experience in emergency surgery as well as working with rabbits would be an advantage, but is not essential. As there will be some sole charge responsibility, you must be confident with this.
Need a visa?
They can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Apply or Learn more
There will be questions about this role as we try not to overload the job posting with lots of information.
For a private and confidential chat about this role please contact Sam Kelly on 01626 249 108 or email [email protected]