The highlights of this position can be seen on the table to the left.
- Full Time – 40 hours (approx.) open to working a 4 day week
- 1 in 3 full weekend rota
- No Out of Hours
- No On Call
- Occasional Sole Charge Responsibility
Salary and Professional Development Package
- Salary: Open to Discussion and dependant on experience (Tell us what you want and we will go from there)
- Generous CPD allowance
- Paid membership for RCVS, VDS, BVA
- Pension Scheme (3%)
- 5 weeks holiday per annum, increasing to 6 weeks after 1 full years’ service(Jan-Dec) Pro-rata.
- Your birthday off as an additional days holiday (or within a month of that date)
- Enhanced sick pay
- Mental Health First Aiders & Employee assistance help line
- 20-minute appointments
- Regular pay reviews
- Regular career development reviews
- Inhouse & High street discounts.
- Equal Opportunities Employer
- Childcare vouchers
- Private medical insurance and life assurance
About the Practice/Location
Our client is looking for someone to join their caring veterinary team in South East London. They are a small animal, first opinion practice who is now looking for a Senior Vet to join their friendly team.
The practice is based in South East London, near the Old Royal Naval College and it is easily accessible from Central London by train, DLR and road. In addition to excellent commuting links, free onsite parking is available and you are surrounded by local restaurants and coffee shops.
They have a modern, well equipped practice that is purpose built to industry leading standards and has digital X-ray, ultrasound, lab and pharmacy facilities. You will be joining a team consisting of 3 Vets, 5 RVNs and 2 Receptionists.
Our client has a varied caseload with patients, including skunks and a Bird Eating Tarantula and other small furries! Their partner has a passion for exotics and benefits from one vet working towards their certificate in small animal surgery and another going through an Advanced practitioner status in small animal medicine. They are keen to develop talent so if you have a particular area of interest, they could be the practice for you!
They are looking for someone who is confident and experienced with all routine medical and surgical cases and confident with having sole charge responsibility on occasion.
They are proud of the service they provide to their clients and pride themselves in building up good relationships, so you will need to enjoy this side of the role. They receive lots of positive feedback including “best vets ever!” and “lovely team who were very helpful.”
Need a visa?
They can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Apply or Learn more
There will be questions about this role as we try not to overload the job posting with lots of information.
For a private and confidential chat about this role please contact Sam Kelly on 01626 249 108 or email [email protected]