The Highlights of this position can be seen on the table to the left.
• 4-day week, Saturdays pro rata
• Salary dependant on experience
• £1750 CPD allowance per year and actively encouraged (more if you a certificate holder), and membership subscription.
• 6.6 weeks paid holiday, including bank holidays
• VDS and RCVS fees paid
• Night duties and weekend OOH until 10pm, external OOH support offered outside these hours
• 24-hour Nursing members on site to offer outstanding inpatient care
• Well-equipped in-house lab, digital x-ray, dental x-ray ultrasound, endoscopy, and laparoscopy
• ISFM Cat Friendly Clinic Silver Award
• Small-Medium Business of the Year 2021
• Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
• Discounted Veterinary fees
• Enhanced company sick pay
• Cycle to work scheme
The ideal candidate to join the team would be an enthusiastic and motivated individual in all aspects of general practice and routine surgeries, someone who is keen to progress and develop themselves, or lead, encourage, and support others to do the same.
The clinic has a friendly team of 8 Veterinary Surgeons with a range of experience and varied interests, working in a purpose-build, RCVS accredited SA hospital in County Durham.
Two of the teams currently have Cert AVP qualifications, and two other vets working towards their qualification. Several team members have already completed Vet GDP training and have a long-standing culture of support and mentoring new graduates.
They can offer valuable support and excellent mentoring, as well as exciting career opportunities. The clinic is happy to consider flexible working to create a great work-life balance for their employees.
There will be questions about this role as we try not to overload the job posting with lots of information. For a private and confidential chat about this role please contact Sam on 01626 249 108 or email [email protected]